I’ve written before about how aerial photography can show things from the air that cannot be seen from the ground. On a shoot over County Durham recently, I was reminded again how the ebb and flow of architectural style through the years can sometimes leave some significant marks behind. Bishop Auckland is a fairly small [...]
Archive | Architectural Photography RSS feed for this section
A strange thing happened around a month ago close to where I live. An old property, buried deep in overgrown bushes, dilapidated fencing and huge trees, began to emerge. This particular property has been out of sight to passers by for as long as I can remember and though it was obvious someone lived there, [...]
An interesting shoot last month via my friends at Ice Driver in Sweden was this newly refurbished hotel. Bruket is based in the hamlet of Mitandersfors, in a mountain area to the west, literally on the border with Norway. Purchased by 2003 World Rally Champion Petter Solberg, the hotel is a traditional log timber building, [...]
Sorting through some recce shots for some house and property features, I stumbled across this shot. Taken in Sweden a couple of years ago on a recce for a project that didn’t progress, it’s an odd looking object. But what is it? It was free standing, situated in the central hallway / staircase area of [...]
Sign up for Neill Watson's Newsletter
Track Driver Coaching Services
OK, so it's humble pie time. In fact, not just a slice, better just pass me the whole thing over...[...]
Bentley Motors have a fascinating website running right now called Mulsanne Visionaries. It features[...]
I've written before about how aerial photography can show things from the air that cannot be seen fr[...]
Category: Aerial Photography
When I gave my initial thoughts on the Think Tank Photo Urban Disguise, I mentioned that it's compac[...]
- Sir Stirling Moss, The Blonde and The Mystery of The Stolen Image February 10, 2012
- The ‘See In The Dark’ Canon EOS 1D Mk4.. March 15, 2010
- Having Problems With Your Mac OSX .Zip Files Becoming .CPGZ Files? Read On.. October 18, 2011
- Sir Stirling Moss and The Blonde – The Sequel March 26, 2012
- I’m a Steadicam Virgin….. January 28, 2009
- Car Photography eBooks – The Top Ten Tips May 7, 2013
- Porsche 911 Turbos and The British Winter April 15, 2013
- Vincent is Right – You Must See This April 5, 2013
- One Man’s Porsche March 8, 2013
- It’s Humble Pie Time – My Land Rover Discovery Experience March 4, 2013
- Understeer, Oversteer? Or Right Down The Line? - Historic Racer: [...] both enjoyed this, didn’t we?” I’v...
- Understeer, Oversteer? Or Right Down The Line? - The Speedster: [...] both enjoyed this, didn’t we?” I’v...
- Neill: Hi Tim, You're right about magazines not takin...
- Tim Andrew: Well, for starters I'm writing this from my new i...
- Neill Watson: It's some time since I wrote this, so things have...