A good friend of mine once said to me, “I’ll talk to anyone for five minutes. You never know who you’re going to meet and where it will lead. After five minutes, I can always excuse myself.” He was a very successful businessman with the attention span of a five year old, but his comment [...]
Archive | Articles RSS feed for this section
This video is around 16 minutes long. OK, I know, YouTube viewers get bored after 2 minutes, but watch it right through, it’s good. The video documents what happened when six professional photographers and accompanying videographers set out into London to photograph in a public place. It documents the two parties that are the bane [...]
I removed watermarks from all of the images in my portfolio last year. I’m not a fan, I believe it degrades from the impact of the image and smacks of a petty mindedness on the photographer’s part, a Scrouge-like mentality that EVERY usage must be paid for with a big fat fee, which isn’t what [...]
My posting on car magazine websites and video content certainly generated interest. Many writers I spoke with and indeed one publisher reckoned it summed up the way they were feeling, but they also felt I was being a little harsh – not all videos are bad. Indeed, that’s true, so to put the record straight, [...]
I’ve been a little lax with my blog this month, partly due to the fact that I’ve been travelling in Sweden, so sorry I didn’t get the monthly calendar shot online. However, sitting recharging batteries and catching up, I checked out the latest entry on Chase Jarvis’ blog about photographers and survival and was struck [...]
In December, I wrote about Strobist’s blog entry on working for free and the flurry of comments it created. At the time, I said that I’d find the time in January to write about a time when working for free has worked out for me, so here’s one….
Sign up for Neill Watson's Newsletter
Track Driver Coaching Services
- Sir Stirling Moss, The Blonde and The Mystery of The Stolen Image February 10, 2012
- The ‘See In The Dark’ Canon EOS 1D Mk4.. March 15, 2010
- Having Problems With Your Mac OSX .Zip Files Becoming .CPGZ Files? Read On.. October 18, 2011
- Sir Stirling Moss and The Blonde – The Sequel March 26, 2012
- I’m a Steadicam Virgin….. January 28, 2009
- Car Photography eBooks – The Top Ten Tips May 7, 2013
- Porsche 911 Turbos and The British Winter April 15, 2013
- Vincent is Right – You Must See This April 5, 2013
- One Man’s Porsche March 8, 2013
- It’s Humble Pie Time – My Land Rover Discovery Experience March 4, 2013
- Understeer, Oversteer? Or Right Down The Line? - Historic Racer: [...] both enjoyed this, didn’t we?” I’v...
- Understeer, Oversteer? Or Right Down The Line? - The Speedster: [...] both enjoyed this, didn’t we?” I’v...
- Neill: Hi Tim, You're right about magazines not takin...
- Tim Andrew: Well, for starters I'm writing this from my new i...
- Neill Watson: It's some time since I wrote this, so things have...