I thought you might like to hear about about this interesting Porsche 964 Carrera 2 I’ve just photographed and written about for Total 911 magazine. You can read the full feature in the latest issue, so I won’t go into many details on the car’s story but if you buy a copy, I hope you’ll [...]
Archive | Car Photography RSS feed for this section
Watching TV here in the UK on Sunday evening, one of my ‘favourite yet forgotten’ films was showing – Swordfish. Favourite, yet forgotten because I loved it when it was launched, yet somehow, I’d forgotten about it, despite three very striking things. John Travolta and Hugh Jackman’s great performances, the TVR that became known as [...]
A busy day at RAF Leeming yesterday with very little time for photography which was a shame as there were more subjects than you can point a camera at. However, at the end of the day, we just had time to pose a couple of the cars against the back drop of a Tornado jet. [...]
In late June, I spent a full day photographing some motoring icons up on the North Yorkshire Moors for client Classic Driving Experience. Their fleet of cars for rental are probably best described as ‘modern classics’ such as the Audi Quattro, a 1980′s icon made famous once again in the UK by Gene Hunt. Their [...]
It is, of course, the Ferrari 312T3 now owned by Nick Mason, shot in 2004 at the Goodwood Festival of Speed. Well done to Peter Windsor and Mike Newman for getting it. As far as I know, it was a unique occasion as the car was driven up the hill by his son, Jacques Villeneneuve, [...]
OK, so it’s probably a Ferrari under there, but which one? The real Ferrari geeks will be able to tell me exactly which Ferrari is sleeping under the dust sheet. No help, no clues about where or when it as taken, if you call yourself a real Ferrari fan, you’ll know the answer. You can [...]
Shot on a frozen lake in Norway, this is Welsh driver Wyn Humphrey shaking down his brand new Subaru Impreza Group N. Shot as a self assigned project subsequently licensed to several publications
Mitsubishi Evo Tuner Car fitted with nitrous oxide. Rather fast….
A lovely restored Mercedes 190SL, converted to fuel injection. The purists will howl and wring their hands, but it starts every time on the button and I’m sorry, you can’t say that about old Solex’s…..Photographed as a complete feature with words and pictures for a Mercedes publication
Working with the Great North Air Ambulance in live situations. This road accident involved a head-on crash between two vans. Sadly, it seems that one of the occupants wasn’t wearing a seat belt and happened to be resting his feet on the dashboard while reading the paper. Four ambulances, two fire rescue vehicles, two GNAA [...]
Claas Combine Harvester. Stock photo shoot not far from my home in North Yorkshire, UK. Our picture library has a growing collection of photography like this picture
TVR Tuscan. The Swordfish Spec used in the John Travolta / Halle Berry movie. Lovely noise, great looks, where did they go wrong…. Location: Private track, England, UK.
Mitsubishi Evo 9 tuner car, nitrous oxide kit and many upgrades. Words and pictures feature car for UK motoring magazine. Location: North Yorkshire, England. UK
Audi TT silhouette space framed race car, powered by Audi RS6 Twin Turbo, 650 Bhp. Photographed for car magazine as a words and pictures feature. Driver : Simon Bainbridge Location: Test track, England, UK
Sign up for Neill Watson's Newsletter
Track Driver Coaching Services
- Sir Stirling Moss, The Blonde and The Mystery of The Stolen Image February 10, 2012
- The ‘See In The Dark’ Canon EOS 1D Mk4.. March 15, 2010
- Having Problems With Your Mac OSX .Zip Files Becoming .CPGZ Files? Read On.. October 18, 2011
- Sir Stirling Moss and The Blonde – The Sequel March 26, 2012
- I’m a Steadicam Virgin….. January 28, 2009
- Car Photography eBooks – The Top Ten Tips May 7, 2013
- Porsche 911 Turbos and The British Winter April 15, 2013
- Vincent is Right – You Must See This April 5, 2013
- One Man’s Porsche March 8, 2013
- It’s Humble Pie Time – My Land Rover Discovery Experience March 4, 2013
- Understeer, Oversteer? Or Right Down The Line? - Historic Racer: [...] both enjoyed this, didn’t we?” I’v...
- Understeer, Oversteer? Or Right Down The Line? - The Speedster: [...] both enjoyed this, didn’t we?” I’v...
- Neill: Hi Tim, You're right about magazines not takin...
- Tim Andrew: Well, for starters I'm writing this from my new i...
- Neill Watson: It's some time since I wrote this, so things have...