… was the headline for this feature on a car I had fond memories of. Back in the 1980′s it was a quick machine, holding class records at pretty much every speed hillclimb course in the UK, driven by Tony Bancroft. Total 911 Magazine gave me free reign to write about the car, then and [...]
Archive | Features / Stories RSS feed for this section
It’s hard to believe that just a few months ago, we were sitting in some sunshine photographing this car. It’s a genuine ALMS series car from 2002, finding refuge in the UK as a track day car and potential fun investment by it’s owner. Watch out for it on track days in the UK this [...]
Two cars that have been written about so many times within the last twelve months that you must wonder what else can be said about them. As I write this, I’m not on the Number One tier of motoring writers who are given the very first opportunity to drive the latest releases before everyone else. [...]
Everyone who’s into Porsche loves the final, iconic, aircooled 993. Values are rising ever upwards and this one is rising more quickly than others. Feature about the original Porsche 993RS factory development car that was mysteriously sold to the UK, complete with all the original factory road books documenting it’s early life “If you’re one [...]
A while ago now, I spent a whole day with Durham Constabulary traffic police on a training day undertaking the TPAC method of halting cars made famous by many a late night police documentary. The final published story took a different slant, with the emphasis more on the BMW cars as opposed to the drivers [...]
It’s always sad when a shoot you’d worked hard at gets canned for whatever reason, but it happens. Sometimes, it’s several months before the decision is taken, such as this job I shot in 2008 for the UEFA Cup Final Glasgow Rangers Vs St Petersburg football match. I’d be the first to admit that I’m [...]
Sign up for Neill Watson's Newsletter
Track Driver Coaching Services
- Sir Stirling Moss, The Blonde and The Mystery of The Stolen Image February 10, 2012
- The ‘See In The Dark’ Canon EOS 1D Mk4.. March 15, 2010
- Having Problems With Your Mac OSX .Zip Files Becoming .CPGZ Files? Read On.. October 18, 2011
- Sir Stirling Moss and The Blonde – The Sequel March 26, 2012
- I’m a Steadicam Virgin….. January 28, 2009
- Car Photography eBooks – The Top Ten Tips May 7, 2013
- Porsche 911 Turbos and The British Winter April 15, 2013
- Vincent is Right – You Must See This April 5, 2013
- One Man’s Porsche March 8, 2013
- It’s Humble Pie Time – My Land Rover Discovery Experience March 4, 2013
- Understeer, Oversteer? Or Right Down The Line? - Historic Racer: [...] both enjoyed this, didn’t we?” I’v...
- Understeer, Oversteer? Or Right Down The Line? - The Speedster: [...] both enjoyed this, didn’t we?” I’v...
- Neill: Hi Tim, You're right about magazines not takin...
- Tim Andrew: Well, for starters I'm writing this from my new i...
- Neill Watson: It's some time since I wrote this, so things have...