Whenever I’m on location on a photo shoot, I’m conscious of time. Time ticking by as car owners, assistants and other members of the party have to stand and wait while I do my thing with the camera. For me, I hate the feeling that people are waiting around, getting bored, cold, hungry, especially at [...]
Archive | Writing RSS feed for this section
As a writer and a photographer with clients in the publishing industry, you might imagine that paper and magazines are my love. You are quite right, indeed, I still enjoy the first time I open a freshly printed magazine or book, inhaling that unique smell of glossy printed paper, the slight resistance from the page [...]
Two cars that have been written about so many times within the last twelve months that you must wonder what else can be said about them. As I write this, I’m not on the Number One tier of motoring writers who are given the very first opportunity to drive the latest releases before everyone else. [...]
Feature about the original Porsche 993RS factory development car that was mysteriously sold to the UK, complete with all the original factory road books documenting it’s early life “If you’re one of the very lucky few people in the world who has a 993RS parked in the garage, the chances are that this is the [...]
It’s always interesting when a new client comes on board and just recently, thanks to a contact from Chris Garrett, we’ve started a three month period of online writing and photography for Car Rentals, a prominent UK based website delivering holiday car rental deals. Their blog content had been running for some time and while [...]
A truly interesting Twitter exchange yesterday inspired me to write this post. It kind of started off at the weekend, with the anniversary of the tragic death of Ayrton Senna and I mentioned that I still had a copy of Cars and Car Conversions magazine’s “Ayrton Senna, Rally Driver” issue, written by Senna’s friend, the [...]
Sign up for Neill Watson's Newsletter
Track Driver Coaching Services
- Sir Stirling Moss, The Blonde and The Mystery of The Stolen Image February 10, 2012
- The ‘See In The Dark’ Canon EOS 1D Mk4.. March 15, 2010
- Having Problems With Your Mac OSX .Zip Files Becoming .CPGZ Files? Read On.. October 18, 2011
- Sir Stirling Moss and The Blonde – The Sequel March 26, 2012
- I’m a Steadicam Virgin….. January 28, 2009
- Car Photography eBooks – The Top Ten Tips May 7, 2013
- Porsche 911 Turbos and The British Winter April 15, 2013
- Vincent is Right – You Must See This April 5, 2013
- One Man’s Porsche March 8, 2013
- It’s Humble Pie Time – My Land Rover Discovery Experience March 4, 2013
- Understeer, Oversteer? Or Right Down The Line? - Historic Racer: [...] both enjoyed this, didn’t we?” I’v...
- Understeer, Oversteer? Or Right Down The Line? - The Speedster: [...] both enjoyed this, didn’t we?” I’v...
- Neill: Hi Tim, You're right about magazines not takin...
- Tim Andrew: Well, for starters I'm writing this from my new i...
- Neill Watson: It's some time since I wrote this, so things have...