An interesting shoot last month via my friends at Ice Driver in Sweden was this newly refurbished hotel. Bruket is based in the hamlet of Mitandersfors, in a mountain area to the west, literally on the border with Norway. Purchased by 2003 World Rally Champion Petter Solberg, the hotel is a traditional log timber building, [...]
Archive | Sweden RSS feed for this section
I‘m a big fan of the wilderness of Sweden and indeed the country generally. I still remember vividly when I shot this. We were on a recce trip to Sweden with Ice Driver’s Andy McKenna, 550 kms north of Stockholm in early January, scouting for locations for his then new business. We were staying in [...]
Here’s an edit of the final footage. You can see a hi res version on SmugMug here. The learning curve for me as a first time user of Apple Final Cut Studio was a steep one and thanks go to various people for their help and advice in getting me up there. Most notable being [...]
Previously, I described how I prepared the lightest possible collection of gear to use the Canon 5D in Sweden, hoping that we could cover all the bases and get what we needed. My 1DS works fine in temparatures below -30c, so I had no worries about the camera dying, though previously when shooting stills and [...]
You’d like to think that more than two weeks set aside for a trip to northern Sweden would be plenty to shoot a short movie about driving at high speeds on frozen lakes, wouldn’t you? Me too. I’ve been to Sweden working plenty of times before and while there may be a few days overcast [...]
Sign up for Neill Watson's Newsletter
Track Driver Coaching Services
- Sir Stirling Moss, The Blonde and The Mystery of The Stolen Image February 10, 2012
- The ‘See In The Dark’ Canon EOS 1D Mk4.. March 15, 2010
- Having Problems With Your Mac OSX .Zip Files Becoming .CPGZ Files? Read On.. October 18, 2011
- Sir Stirling Moss and The Blonde – The Sequel March 26, 2012
- I’m a Steadicam Virgin….. January 28, 2009
- Car Photography eBooks – The Top Ten Tips May 7, 2013
- Porsche 911 Turbos and The British Winter April 15, 2013
- Vincent is Right – You Must See This April 5, 2013
- One Man’s Porsche March 8, 2013
- It’s Humble Pie Time – My Land Rover Discovery Experience March 4, 2013
- Understeer, Oversteer? Or Right Down The Line? - Historic Racer: [...] both enjoyed this, didn’t we?” I’v...
- Understeer, Oversteer? Or Right Down The Line? - The Speedster: [...] both enjoyed this, didn’t we?” I’v...
- Neill: Hi Tim, You're right about magazines not takin...
- Tim Andrew: Well, for starters I'm writing this from my new i...
- Neill Watson: It's some time since I wrote this, so things have...