Octane Library houses the archive of Neill’s features and images. The archive contains all our latest available images, which are freely searchable and viewable by all visitors. Access to high-resolution images is available for qualified picture buyers, whether you’re an experienced photo editor or new to using stock photography. You must must register before downloading which takes just moments.
How to download and use our images
Our archive of photography is growing continuously, covering subjects as diverse as car and transportation pictures, aerial photography and related genres. All images are exclusive to this archive and available directly from Neill Watson, we do not distribute via third parties and other stock agencies.
1. Search the archive by using the search box or by browsing the categories
2. Add the images you wish to use to your lightbox
3. Price the images using the online calculator
4. Check out and download the images
Regular clients are able to download and invoice later, please contact us for full details on how to open an account. If you have a specific stock photography request please contact us.
Some Points To Note
1. It helps if you have a clear idea how you want to use a picture because fees are based entirely on the use to which the picture is to be put. A national advertising campaign is considerably more expensive than a small use in a motoring brochure.
3. Use of more than one image in a project may attract a quantity discount.
4. We like to negotiate.
5. We do not make a charge for downloading or printing out the files on this site for use in comps or layouts EXCEPT we do insist that you ask FIRST. Very rarely some of the pictures may be tied up with exclusive licences and we do not want the embarrasment of stopping unauthorised publication.
6. If pictures are used in “paid for” presentations we expect a presentation fee. This fee can be negotiated against guaranteed use.
7. Copyright exists in all photographs. Prior permission is required for any use, including comping or layout purposes. Pictures must NOT be lifted, swiped, stolen or copied from this site without prior permission.
8. We use a system of rights management and conflict avoidance for our archive, keeping a record of publication and uses. If required, exclusive use of images can be arranged as we can give information of previous publication to avoid embarassment
The digital photography in the archive was all created using Canon high resolution digital camera equipment and professional grade lenses. Images open to a file size of 34Mb minimum, longest dimension in excess of 4000 pixels. This technical quality exceeds that generally available elsewhere, and more than meets the requirements of most editorial, corporate and advertising uses and is the industry standard for reproduction. All our photographs are licensed on a rights-managed basis; we do not licence or handle royalty-free material.